…is the day after, when every tube on the internets is filled with trucks bearing delicious commentary on the new sexy.
- Brent’s reaction could almost be my own…
- Gabe’s inconsistency, however, is not mine, but that part about having credit card in hand sounds familiar to me.
- Jason Kotke, who was unable to attend the keynote in person, mocked up an iPhone using cardboard, just to get an idea of how big it is.
- John Gruber takes a stab at Palm CEO Ed Colligan after yesterday’s announcement: “Guess what? They’re just walking in.”
- Even Markos Moulitsas Zúniga, as passionate about Apple as he is about politics, appended a quick note about the iPhone to the bottom of a list of political news yesterday, shortly after the keynote.
My first MP3 player was, perhaps contrary to expectations, not an iPod. I had a Diamond Rio MP500 back in the days of our ancestors, before there were iPods, strange as it may seem now. And even then, when I would stuff my laptop, my Palm PDA, my cell phone, and my MP3 player into various pockets and bags, in preparation for a visit into the light of the Daystar outside of my cave, I would think to myself, “self, what I need is something that is this [pointing to my cell phone] form factor, but does all of this. Surely there will come a day when I can get one device that will do this for me.” And after I made the required joke about calling myself Shirley, I would pause a moment and genuflect towards Cupertino in the hopes of hastening that day.
Bottom line for me: there’s a zero percent chance that I won’t get one. However, I’m on contract to T*Mobile until November, and the iPhone is Cingular-only. So I’ll have to figure something out between now and then.
But, c’mon. So. Damned. Sexy.