Whatever it is you want to do… start now.
The advice is the same, whether it comes to us from ancient China (“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”), from a blog about finances, those concerned about the environment, a progressive talk radio show host, or an athletic shoe company.
- “How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world?” – Anne Frank
- “The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.” – Thomas Edison
- “Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “When a problem comes along, you must whip it.” – Devo
- “Travelers, it is late. Life’s sun is going to set. During these brief days that you have strength, be quick and spare no effort of your wings.” – Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi