As a way of getting more conversation going here, I’ve been thinking about a new comment policy. Here are my thoughts:
- As before, I reserve the right to delete or mock any anonymous comments. An anonymous comment is one that doesn’t have a profile associated with it, whether that’s a pseudonym or actual real-world identity. Note that a pseudonym is not the same as an anonymous comment – I’m known on the internet as Lunar Obverse, and have been for a long time, and tracing that pseudonym back to my real-world identity is fairly easy, so it’s as good as my real name.
- Likewise, if the comment appears to me to be spam (selling something, or just linking to a site that is not connected to the post or my blog at all), I will delete it. I reserve the right to mock it, but I’m more likely to just make it gone.
- I will make every effort to respond to any non-anonymous comment left on my blog. Every single one. I’ll try to reply within 24 hours.
- I’ll use this post to mention that you can track the conversation here: you can get an RSS feed of the all the comments posted here by opening the “All Comments” feed in your RSS reader thingamajig.
- If you have a Google account and use it to identify yourself when you comment, you get an option to have follow-up comments on a specific post you’ve commented on emailed to you.
- When I figure out what tag I need to add to my template that enables it, you’ll have the ability to follow comments on a specific post via RSS feeder without having to comment. But of course I encourage you to comment, anyway. ‘Cause I want more discussion ’round here.
- Feel free to use my contact form to email me about stuff you don’t want posted publicly, but again, posting a comment that everyone can see can help inform many more people. Just sayin’. And I reserve the right to post any email I get from that form if I think it will be entertaining, informative, or it would give me a warm glow of satisfaction.
Finally, let me throw this open to my readers. If you’ve never commented before, introduce yourself and give me some feedback. What do you like? What don’t you like? What would you want to see more of? Less of? How did you find this blog? Do you have a blog of your own – feel free to pimp it out in this thread!