Things that will get you kicked off CNN: using a common expletive every adult has heard or said.
A quickly-compiled and necessarily-incomplete list of things that won’t get you kicked off CNN:
- Lying about terrorist attacks under former President Bush.
- Calling someone who has been proven to spout falsehoods a “straight talker”.
- “Reporting” on a pro-war advertisement without calling out the false claims made therein.
- Uncritically repeating claims of reduced violence in Bagdad by the president without fact-checking said claims, in spite of concurrent evidence to the contrary.
- Comparing torture to a spanking.
- Being a convicted felon in connection with the dominant political scandal of the past 40 years.
To their credit, CNN did find a method for parting ways with a xenophobic, hate-filled pundit after controversy upon controversy. So perhaps this post should be comparing Kathy Griffin and Lou Dobbs.…naaaaah.