I need some personal inspiration. It’s been a long December, a long winter, a long year. I’ve seen other authors out there, posting their 10 favorite things they’ve written in 2016, and my first thought was, “did I even write 10 things this year?”
Yes, I did, but not much more than 10. Here’s my pick for the best of my writting this year.
- Tour Portland’s Political Underbelly: A write up of some of Portland’s biggest political scandals and the locations they took place in.
- Guessing Wrong on Purpose: A Mother’s Day remembrance.
- Ghosts of Brian: More memoir-ish stuff about Portland and me.
- Empathy: This set the tone for my whole year.
- Martian thoughts about a confrontation in NW Portland: Ruminations about something I read on Reddit. More about empathy, seeing both sides.
My brand for 2016: meloncholy, emotional, nostalgia, apparently.
2017 will be better.